The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program will provide support for VR eligible students participating in PSE Programs in Tennessee for the 2015-2016 Year. This is the second year of this pilot program for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. These programs are currently as follows:
- University of Memphis- TigerLife
- Vanderbilt University- Next Steps
- Lipscomb University- IDEAL
- University of Tennessee- FUTURE
- Union University-EDGE
The PSE Programs focus on Postsecondary options for students with Intellectual Disabilities at Colleges and Universities. These programs are another option to assist students in the transition from school to work.
This is year two of this pilot program, the amount authorized by VR will continue to be a flat rate of $2400.00 per student/per semester.
Prior to the beginning of each semester, the school’s program staff, the student and the VR Counselor will discuss recommendations. The recommendations will be based on observations and assessments. Recommendations should include activities that:
· Assist the individual to acquire personal and work habits, skills and techniques that will enable functioning in an employment setting;
· Develop or increase work tolerance; or
· Orient the individual to the world of work.
· Provide training on self-advocacy.
The VR Counselor will ensure this service in added to the IPE prior to the beginning of the program. The client and VR counselor will agree that this is a needed service.
An authorization will be sent to the school stating the amount authorized.