Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS) and Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) are pleased to announce a new 1 day focused workshop. This workshop is designed specifically for early intervention providers who serve families of young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and related disabilities.
During thisone-day workshop, participants will learn to:
- Identify how characteristics of ASD impact toilet training
- Understand and identify caregiver and child readiness skills
- Learn how to use TRIAD’s Toilet Training Curriculum to help caregivers successfully plan for toilet training
- Understand principles of reinforcement
- Identify appropriate communication goals during toilet training
- Use strategies to clarify expectations for caregivers and children
- Respond to challenging behaviors related to toileting
- Apply strategies while coaching caregivers to address toilet training
- Create and learn to implement visual supports to use or replicate to assist caregivers with toilet training
Admission to this workshop will be by accepted application only. Deadline for registration is two weeks prior to the date of the workshop.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.