Sensory Friendly Performance of The Hundred Dresses
NCT welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but we know that some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. Sensory Friendly Performances are designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage.
- Sound levels will be lowered slightly
- Usher-Guide will light a glow light before something startling is about to happen onstage
- Relaxed house rules that invite audience members to vocalize and move in reaction to the story onstage.
- Pre-Visit Story
- A Parent Tip Sheet for each show, available one week prior to the Sensory Friendly Performance found here.
- A Comfort Room in the rear of the auditorium, where light and sound levels can be adjusted (available for all public performances). Noise reducing headphones can be checked out from our box office (available for all public performances).
- A quiet room for families who need to take a break during the show
Description of Mr. Popper's Penguins
Book by Robert Kauzlaric, Music & Lyrics by George Howe
Based on the novel by Richard & Florence Atwater
What do you get when you introduce a daydreaming house painter to a dozen delightful penguins? A flipper-flapping, musical tale that will make you believe in the power of ingenuity and determination.
Discount Ticket Code
$6 Tickets can be purchased on the Nashville Children's Theatre's Website or 615-252-4675. Please use the TRIAD discount code GRETA
Organization Contact: Megan Bleil (email@example.com)
TRIAD Contact: Kelly Wendel (firstname.lastname@example.org)