Registration Not Required
Nashville Ballet - Jump Frog Jump: Sensory Friendly Performance
Date: February 18, 2018
Time: 2:00PM to 2:30PM
Location: Nashville Ballet, 3630 Redmon Street, Nashville, TN 37209
Based on the popular children's book of the same name by Robert Kalan, this exciting tale of a frog and friends retraces from the beginning each time a new character is added: "This is the snake that dropped from a branch and swallowed the fish that swam after the frog that was under the fly that climbed out of the water- How did the frog get away? Jump Frog Jump!" This energetic and humorous ballet is completely narrated and incorporates children from the audience as they instruct the frog to jump for his safety! The repetitive dialogue of the story helps to build important memory skills, while the art of dance, drama and visual art "bring science to life" with lessons on bugs, reptiles and other pond creatures.
Available Support Materials:
- Map of building w/ quiet zones – this will be made available online and a hard copy will be distributed on day of performance
- Que cards will be held up during the performance to signal audience to say “Jump Frog Jump”
- Social story of the ballet will be made available online
- Performance space will stay fully lit during the ballet
- Sound will be lowered for comfort
The VKC welcomes persons with disabilities.
Contact email@example.com or 615-322-8240 for disability access information; 2 weeks advance notice is recommended for some accommodations (e.g., Braille, signing).