Sensory Friendly Performance of Mockingbird
NCT welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but we know that some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. Sensory Friendly Performances are designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage.
- Sound levels will be lowered slightly
- Usher-Guide will light a glow light before something startling is about to happen onstage
- Relaxed house rules that invite audience members to vocalize and move in reaction to the story onstage.
- Pre-Visit Story
- A Parent Tip Sheet for each show, available one week prior to the Sensory Friendly Performance found here.
- A Comfort Room in the rear of the auditorium, where light and sound levels can be adjusted (available for all public performances). Noise reducing headphones can be checked out from our box office (available for all public performances).
- A quiet room for families who need to take a break during the show
Description of Mockingbird
Adapted for the stage by Julie Jensen, Based on the book by Kathryn Erskine
2010 National Book Award Winner
As an 11-year-old with Asperger’s syndrome, Caitlin used to rely on her older brother to help make sense of the world, but now that he’s gone, she’s all on her own. Soaring with heart and humor, Mockingbird is a breathtaking production about the differences that make us who we are- and how black and white can always be complemented by a kaleidoscope of colors.
Discount Ticket Code
$6 Tickets can be purchased on the Nashville Children's Theatre's Website or 615-252-4675. Please use the TRIAD discount code DICTIONARY.
Organization Contact: Megan Bleil (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TRIAD Contact: Kelly Wendel (email@example.com)