Sensory Friendly Performance of Dragons Love Tacos
NCT welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but we know that some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. Sensory Friendly Performances are designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage.
- Sound levels will be lowered slightly
- Usher-Guide will light a glow light before something startling is about to happen onstage
- Relaxed house rules that invite audience members to vocalize and move in reaction to the story onstage.
- Pre-Visit Story
- A Parent Tip Sheet for each show, available one week prior to the Sensory Friendly Performance found here.
- A Comfort Room in the rear of the auditorium, where light and sound levels can be adjusted (available for all public performances). Noise reducing headphones can be checked out from our box office (available for all public performances).
- A quiet room for families who need to take a break during the show
Description of Mockingbird
Adapted By Ernie Nolan, Based on the book by Adam Rubin
If you want a bunch of dragons at your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. But save the spicy salsa. When dragons eat spicy salsa… oh boy. Adapted from the New York Times best seller, Dragons Love Tacos is a deliciously funny tale of new friends and the perfect snack, and full of fiery fun for your entire family.
Discount Ticket Code
$6 Tickets can be purchased on the Nashville Children's Theatre's Website or 615-252-4675. Please use the TRIAD discount code MILDSALSA.
Organization Contact: Megan Bleil (email@example.com)
TRIAD Contact: Kelly Wendel (firstname.lastname@example.org)