Social Communication Intervention for Children with Autism who Have Delayed Language
Who Can Participate:
We are looking for parent(s) and their 3 to 4 1/2-year-old children who:
- Have a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Have trouble learning language
- Whose parents are willing to be taught the intervention and use it with their children.
- Whose parents are willing to come to Vanderbilt for intervention and assessments, and are willing to have interventionists come to their home.
Compensation for Participants:
- Children will be randomly chosen to receive an intervention using a communication device (AAC).
- Parents will be trained to use language interventions.
- All children will receive 45-minute intervention sessions, three times a week, for 4 months.
- All testing and intervention are at no charge.
This project is federally funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Click on the image (or link) below for a downloadable PDF of the flyer.