Social Communication Intervention for Children with Down Syndrome
***No longer accepting participants***
Who Can Participate:
We are looking for parent(s) and their 3-4 1/2 year old children who:
- Have a diagnosis of Down syndrome
- Whose parents are willing to be taught the intervention and use it with their children
- Whose parents are willing to come to Vanderbilt for intervention and assessments
Compensation for Participants:
- Children will be randomly chosen to receive immediate intervention or participate as part of the control group for 6 months and then receive the intervention
- Parents will be trained to use strategies of the intervention
- Intervention consists of four sessions per week, twice in the home and twice at school or at a community location
- All testing and intervention are at no charge.
This project is funded by the John Merck Foundation.
Click on the brochure for a downloadable copy: