Social Communication Intervention for Children with Autism who Have Delayed Language
Who Can Participate:
We are looking for parent(s) and their 5 to 8-year-old children who:
- Have a diagnosis of Autism, ASD, or PDD-NOS
- Have less than 20 words that they use functionally and spontaneously
- Whose parents are willing to be taught the intervention and use it with their children.
- Whose parents are willing to come to Vanderbilt for assessments.
Compensation for Participants:
- Children will be randomly chosen to receive one of two research-based language interventions.
- Parents will be trained to use one of the language interventions.
- All children will receive four 45-minute intervention sessions a week, for 4 months.
- All testing and intervention are at no charge.
This project is federally funded by the Autism Centers of Excellence Program at NIH.
Click on the image (or link) below for a downloadable PDF of the flyer.