Joint facility operated by the Vanderbilt Brain Institute (VBI) and the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center. Used for both mouse and human samples.
- Tissue extraction and chromatography
- Measurement of biogenic amines
- Measurement of amino acids
- Measurement of blood serotonin
- Measurement of blood catecholamines
- Measurement of acetylcholine/acetylcholinesterase
View the Neurochemistry Core description at the VBI.
Work is performed at the Core and results are delivered to investigator who requested the analysis. Core also assists investigators with experimental design with power analyses and proper interpretation of obtained data.
If you make use of these services or facilities, please acknowledge this support in publications, as required by the EKS NICHD.
Sample: "Research supported in this publication was supported by the EKS NICHD of the NIH under Award #U54HD083211. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH."