Pacific Coast Research Conference
The 26th Annual Pacific Coast Research Conference (PCRC) will be held in San Diego, California, at the Loews Coronado Bay February 1-3, 2018. Please mark your calendars.
About the Conference:
This is an annual research meeting held on the West Coast in mid-winter. It is for researchers concerned about teaching, learning, and schooling for students with mild to moderate disabilities. PCRC is a unique research meeting, characterized by intensity and informality. The meeting runs from Thursday evening until Saturday night; sessions are two hours in length. PCRC is distinguished by the high quality of research presented, an informality that promotes effective and vigorous participation and interaction, and an opportunity to discuss controversial topics or works in progress.
- June 23, 2017: Call for Proposals issued
- 5:00 p.m. CT Monday, September 11, 2017: All poster and panel proposals due (Program Committee will not accept incomplete proposals). UPDATE: The 2018 Call for Poster and Panel Proposals is now closed.
- Early October: Notifications regarding accepted proposals sent; conference registration opens at the early bird rate ($375)
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017: Last day to register at the early bird rate
- Thursday, November 16, 2017: Late registration fees ($450) in effect
- 5:00 p.m. CT Friday, December 15, 2017: Last day to register for conference -- there is no on-site registration for PCRC
- Late December: Sleeping room discount expires (or when room block sells out, whichever occurs first)
- Thursday-Saturday, February 1-3, 2018: PCRC Conference
Registration to attend 2018 PCRC will open in October 2017 after proposal notifications have been sent. The link to register will be sent to those who are on the PCRC mailing list. To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, complete this form.
PCRC 2018 Conference Registration:
Registration fees and dates are as follows:
- First week of October through November 15: Early bird rate of $375 [payment needs to be received by November 15 to enjoy this rate]
- November 16 - December 15: Late registration rate of $450
- Registration closes December 15
- On-site registration IS NOT available
If you are having problems paying with a credit card online, please register selecting the option to "pay later." After you complete registration, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. That e-mail will give you the phone number to call to provide your credit card information via telephone.
Conference registrants enjoy:
- Reception on evening of Thursday, February 1;
- Poster session reception on evening of Friday, February 2;
- Dinner on evening of Saturday, February 3.
If you are bringing a guest to the conference, their fee to partake in the breakfasts, receptions, and dinner is $250. Please register/pay for your guest AFTER you have registered yourself as a general PCRC attendee and indicated that you will be bringing a guest.
PCRC is pleased to return to Loews Coronado Bay in 2018. Coronado is located across the Big Bay from downtown San Diego, California.
Hotel Sleeping Room Reservations:
Please be advised that in order to keep conference costs down (and therefore affordable conference registration and sleeping room rates!) we ask that you kindly reserve your hotel room directly with the hotel (rather than through a service like Expedia). The link to reserve your hotel room is https://aws.passkey.com/go/PCRC2018. You can also contact the Loews Reservations Department directly at (800) 235-6397 to make, change, or cancel reservations. The rate is $229 single occupancy, $249 double occupancy, $269 triple occupancy & $289 quad occupancy.
Please communicate with any colleagues with whom you are sharing a room to avoid double-booking.
Q: When should I make my room reservation?
Q: The hotel is sold out one of the nights. What are other nearby hotels I can stay at?
- A: The sooner the better! Hotel rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pier South Resort
800 Seacoast Drive
Imperial Beach, California 91932
Hotel del Coronado
1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Glorietta Bay Inn
1630 Glorietta Blvd, Coronado, CA 92118
Q: Why shouldn't I make my hotel room reservation via Expedia, Hotwire, etc.?
- A: Here are some other area hotels you can try:
Q: Do I make payment for the room at the time I make the reservation?
- A: We do not receive credit from the hotel if rooms are reserved outside Loews' reservation system. If we do not get credit, our conference costs increase. Additionally, you will not receive the group concessions associated with the room block: discounted room rate, breakfast included for Friday & Saturday, discounted self-parking, etc. if you book through another service. To keep affordable conference registration and sleeping room rates and to enjoy these perks, please help us by reserving directly with the hotel.
Q: What if I need to cancel my sleeping room reservation?
- A: No, it isn't until you check out of the hotel that you make payment. The reservation merely holds your room at the hotel.
Q: What is the check-in time?
Q: What is the check-out time?
Q: My colleague reserved a room and I want to share it with her. How do I get added to the room?
- A: 72 hour notice is required for cancelling sleeping room reservation. You will pay 50% of room rate if you check out early.
Q: If I’m sharing my room with a colleague, how will our room bill get split?
- A: The person who makes the reservation needs to call (800) 235-6397 and request that your name be added to the room reservation. Please reference your confirmation number.
Q: What is included in the room rate?
- A: Upon check-in, both of you will need to inform the clerk that you are splitting the bill. You will both need to provide your credit cards.
Q: I thought the room rate was $229/night but when I make my reservation it's reflecting a rate of $249. Why is that?
- A: Registered hotel guests receive a complimentary continental breakfast on the mornings of Friday, February 2, and Saturday, February 3. Hotel guests also enjoy Wi-Fi in their sleeping rooms, access to the fitness center, shuttle service to downtown Coronado village, yoga and aerobics classes, and use of tennis courts - all on a complimentary basis.
Q: I want to book a room with a double bed instead of a king size bed. When I click on the link I only have the option for a king bed. How can I get a room with a double bed instead?
- A: The room rate is technically $209/night. Then the hotel adds on $20 per night per room guest, to cover the cost of breakfast. So if you are seeing a rate of $249/night, it is because you indicated there are 2 guests.
- A: Write your request in the comments section of the online reservation form.
If you must cancel your registration for this conference, PCRC will refund your registration fee, less a 10% administrative fee provided you notify us no later than two weeks prior to the conference. No refunds will be made after that date. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of this conference due to unforeseen circumstances, PCRC will refund registration fees in full. Since you are responsible for making your own travel arrangements, PCRC is not responsible for non-transferable, non-refundable airline tickets or hotel accommodations purchased in connection with attendance at this conference.
To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, complete this form. If you are already receiving e-mails from email@example.com, there is no need to complete this form.
If you are a member of the Pacific Coast Research Conference mailing list and wish to share an announcement with the mailing list, please complete this form. The Executive Committee will review your request and disseminate the announcement at its earliest opportunity, if approved.