Sensory Friendly Performance of Tuck Everlasting
NCT welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but we know that some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. Sensory Friendly Performances are designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage.
- Sound levels will be lowered slightly
- Usher-Guide will light a glow light before something startling is about to happen onstage
- Relaxed house rules that invite audience members to vocalize and move in reaction to the story onstage.
- Pre-Visit Story
- A Parent Tip Sheet for each show, available one week prior to the Sensory Friendly Performance found here.
- A Comfort Room in the rear of the auditorium, where light and sound levels can be adjusted (available for all public performances). Noise reducing headphones can be checked out from our box office (available for all public performances).
- A quiet room for families who need to take a break during the show
Description of Tuck Everlasting
Sensory-friendly performance based on the best-selling novel by Natalie Babbitt, this heartfelt Broadway musical is full of soaring melodies and mischief. Performed with a live orchestra! After adventuring beyond her white picket fence, “good girl” Winnie Foster meets the energetic teenager Jesse Tuck, who leads her on an unexpected, magical journey. Soon she is faced with an extraordinary question: If you could choose to live forever, would you? Supports available prior to performance on our website’s resources directory.
Organization Contact: Megan Bleil (email@example.com)
TRIAD Contact: Kristin Dorris (firstname.lastname@example.org)