Adventure Science Center Sensory-Friendly Planetarium Show: Incoming!
A new monthly offering in Adventure Science Center’s Sudekum Planetarium! Each sensory-friendly show features a brighter theater, quieter audio, and smaller crowds allowing for an environment where guests can feel free to move and vocalize as needed. The science center also has noise-minimizing headphones, weighted blankets, and sensory kits guests can check out at no added cost. Learn more at AdventureSci.org/Accessibility.
How do these shows differ from regularly-scheduled programs?
- Light: Instead of turning house lights off during the show, we adjust them to a dim level to avoid total darkness.
- Sound: The show will play at a lower volume than usual to reduce loud sounds.
- Movement: Guests are welcome to make noise and move about the theater during sensory-friendly shows.
- Crowds: To avoid large crowds, we limit the number of tickets sold for sensory-friendly shows.
Available in limited quanitites for all Sudekum Planetarium programs:
- Noise reduction ear muffs to further limit volume
- Weighted lap blankets for therapeutic relief
- Stuffed animals to offer tactile comfort
- Assistive listening devices for guests who are hard of hearing
- White gloves to improve visibility of ASL interpreter's hands in the darkened theater - Please note that if your group is arriving with an ASL interpreter, Advenure Science Center will be happy to loan their white gloves. Otherwise, please contact them at least two weeks in advance of your trip at Accessibility@AdventureSci.org if you need them to provide an interpreter.
To get your tickets click on the registration button at the top of this page or visit the Adventure Science Center ticket page.
Organization Contact: Mollie Adcock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TRIAD Contact: Kathleen Simcoe (email@example.com)