Monthly Pick Up Games -with SPARC, a chapter of DSUSA http://www.sparctn.org/
Overview: These are "pick-up games", which are designed to encourage skill development, recreational wheelchair basketball play opportunities and community awareness on a monthly basis. The program is designed for individuals with physical disabilities/mobility impairments along with individuals without disabilities that want to encourage inclusive opportunities. All participants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Requirements for the Safety of Participants:
1. Must have the cognitive ability to follow directions and instructions.
2. Must be able to stop the wheelchair quickly and appropriately maneuver chair safely during participation.
3. Must not have medical issues which could endanger the participant, including seizures.
4. Minimum age for all participants is 15.
5. Participants, or guardians for participants under the age of 18, must sign liability release forms from SPARC, A Chapter of DSUSA.
6. Participants must follow all NWBA rules and regulations in order to facilitate safe and fair play.
7. Must have basic ball control skills (or the ability to develop skills) including: throwing, catching, and passing.
8. Maximum weight of 250 lbs based on chair specifications. *If you do not meet this requirement but have your own wheel chair please bring it to participate with.