The Vanderbilt Music and Mind Kickoff to SMPC on August 1 will take place at Ingram Hall at the Blair School of Music, 2400 Blakemore Ave , Nashville, TN 37212.
The remainder of the conference sessions (on August 2, 3, 4 and 5) will take place at the Scarritt Bennett Center, located adjacent to Vanderbilt University, at:
1008 19th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212
The closest airport is Nashville International (BNA), approximately 9 miles from the conference site.
There are several ground transportation options from BNA:
- InShuttle – $12
- Gray Line Shuttle – $14 one way, $25 round trip
- Public bus transportation is available to and from the airport: $5 one-way (includes transfer)
- Taxi – $30
Additionally, please note that Nashville is within a day’s drive from numerous major cities:
- Atlanta, GA – 3.75 hours
- St. Louis, MO – 4.75 hours
- Chicago – 7 hours
- Detroit, MI – 8 hours
- Indianapolis, IN – 4.25 hours
- Columbus, OH – 5.75 hours
- Memphis, TN – 3.25 hours
- Birmingham, AL – 2.75 hours
Scarritt Bennett Center
A limited number of very affordable single rooms with shared bathrooms are available at the conference venue (Scarritt Bennett Center); these rooms are first-come, first-serve so please reserve as soon as possible.
Room blocks are at 3 hotels within 5-10 minutes’ walking distance from the main conference venue.
Embassy Suites Hotel – Nashville at Vanderbilt.
1811 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203
- Or by calling the Embassy Suites Nashville at (615)277-4966 and requesting a room in the Society for Music Perception and Cognition block. Rooms must be reserved by JUNE 30.
1715 Broadway Ave. Nashville, TN 37203
- Or by calling the Hilton Garden Inn at (615)369-5900 and requesting a room in the Society for Music Perception and Cognition block. Rooms must be reserved by JULY 3.
1919 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203
- Reservations: Online or call the Hotel at (615) 620.4853. Please mention the “SMPC” block when making all reservations. Rooms must be reserved by JULY 3.