Last Updated: Monday, August 08, 2016
Principal Investigator: Ann P. Kaiser, Ph.D.
Other researchers: Courtney Wright
This intensive language intervention study is looking for children with Down syndrome between 30 and 54 months old. Study participation should last approximately 10-12 months, with the first 4 months being the most intensive, and the last 6 months consisting of periodic follow-ups.
We will ask you to:
- Complete child assessment information before intervention begins.
- Participate in parent training for up to 48 sessions half of which will occur at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, your child's school, or another community location and half at your home.
- Schedule periodic follow-ups at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and at home for up to 6 months after the intervention ends.
30 to 54 month old children with Down syndrome who:
- use less than 50 words spontaneously
- use English as the home language
- live within 40 miles of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
- do not have significant hearing/vision impairments
We offer language intervention & assessments at no cost to the family.
Multiple visits in home and at VKC over 10-12 months
To be notified when you are a possible match for a research study looking for participants, register with Vanderbilt's ResearchMatch at the link below.
ResearchMatch.org is a free and safe national website
that matches research volunteers with researchers looking for participants. Registries for Autism and Intellectual Disabilities are now
available on ResearchMatch. Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of age, or condition.
Visit www.researchmatch.org to learn more and to join today.