Principal Investigator: Ann P. Kaiser, Ph.D.
Other researchers: Courtney A. Wright, M.A. CCC-SLP,
Department of Special Education
This research study uses KidTalk methods and technology to teach children with Down syndrome to communicate more effectively.
We will ask you to:
- Complete child assessment information before intervention begins.
- Assessments are administered at no cost as part of the eligibility determination process.
- Participate in approximately 24-30 sessions at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center with your child.
- All language intervention sessions are at no cost to the family.
- Family will receive an iPad with voice output communication software to use throughout.
- Participate in follow-ups after intervention ends (1 month after intervention)
18 to 42 month old children with Down syndrome who have between 1 and 50 productive words or signs in English.
Assessments and intervention at no cost to you. Use of an iPad for the child during the study.
approximately 24-30 sessions at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
Courtney Wright, M.A. CCC-SLP
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 16, 2013