Principal Investigator: Miriam Lense, Ph.D.
Other researchers: Reyna L. Gordon, Ph.D.
We are interested in the relationship between language development, social engagement, and musical
play in young children. We invite 6-12 month infants who have an older sibling with or without autism spectrum disorder to participate in this study. No music training is expected or needed.
Your Child Will:
- Come to Vanderbilt University for 1-2 visits at study enrollment
- Play games that test language and social skills
- Have play time with parent(s)
- Watch a movie (eye/gaze tracking)
- Complete follow-up questionnaires and visits
Families are compensated for their time and participation.
Results of developmental testing and assessment for autism will be provided at no cost. Families can receive a written report with results, recommendations, and referrals at no cost.
6-12 month infants who have an older sibling
Up to $95 in gift cards.
1-2 visits (2-3 hours total) at enrollment
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 21, 2018