Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019: Notifications regarding accepted proposals have been sent by the PCRC Program Committee by this date; conference registration opens at the early bird rate ($400)
2020 PCRC registration is now open through 11:59 p.m. PT Friday, December 13, 2019! Click here to start the registration process by completing this REDCap form. After you click "Submit," you will be automatically redirected to a billing page to pay your registration fee.
- Thursday, November 14, 2019: Last day to register at the early bird rate
- Friday, November 15, 2019: Late registration fees ($475) in effect; all unpaid early bird registrations will increase to $475
- Friday, December 13, 2019: Last day to REGISTER AND PAY for conference -- there is no on-site registration for PCRC
- Late December: Loews Coronado Bay sleeping room discount expires (or when room block sells out, whichever occurs first)
- 11:59 p.m. CT Tuesday, December 31, 2019: Last day to request a full refund on 2020 PCRC registration. Please see the section titled "Registration Cancellation" at the bottom of the page for more information.
- Thursday-Saturday, February 20-22, 2020: PCRC Conference.
Call for Proposals, Proposal Submission Procedure and Conference Mailing List:
UPDATE: The 2020 Call for Poster and Panel Proposals is now closed.
The 2020 Pacific Coast Research Conference (PCRC) will be held Feb. 20-22,2020, at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort in San Diego, CA. This is an annual research meeting for researchers concerned about teaching, learning, and schooling for students with mild to moderate disabilities. PCRC is a unique research meeting, characterized by intensity and informality. The meeting runs from Thursday evening until Saturday night; sessions are two hours in length. PCRC is distinguished by the high quality of research presented, an informality that promotes effective and vigorous participation and interaction, and an opportunity to discuss controversial topics or works in progress.
Guidelines for submission:
- Interested PCRC attendees are allowed to submit/present up to two posters AND one panel presentation during PCRC.
- Attendees can participate in only one panel during the conference (this includes panel chair, discussant, and presenter).
- Students are NOT allowed to present in PCRC panels.
NEW FOR PCRC 2020: Modifying your poster design to get the most out of your hour(-ish) Have you heard of the Morrison Poster Method? Check out Mike Morrison’s 20-minute YouTube video “How to create a better research poster in less time (including templates).” His concept was also featured in a recent NPR story. Morrison provides great insight how to take your typical research poster and make it more accessible to the poster session attendee AND the presenter. We want to make it easier for people to see that research and want to collaborate with you! So, for 2020, the PCRC program committee will be giving preferential review for poster presenters who commit to presenting a Morrison-style poster. There will be a question in the poster abstract submittal form asking if you plan on formatting your PCRC poster in alignment with the Morrison method. Please note that it’s not required, but we really want you to toss “But this is how it’s always been done!” in the bin and envision changing the poster session for the better.
Registration to attend 2020 PCRC will open on Wednesday, October 9, 2019, after proposal notifications have been sent. The link to register will be sent to those who are on the PCRC mailing list. To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, complete this form.
PCRC 2020 Conference Registration:
PCRC 2020 registration will open on Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019.
Registration fees and dates are as follows:
- Second week of October through November 14: Early bird rate of $400 [payment needs to be received by November 14 to enjoy this rate; all unpaid early bird registrations will increase to the late registration rate after this date]
- November 15 - December 13: Late registration rate of $475
- Registration closes December 13
- On-site registration IS NOT available
If you are having problems paying with a credit card online, please contact Jesse Rivas at Stanford University at (650) 723-2109.
Conference registrants enjoy:
- Reception on evening of Thursday, February 20;
- Poster session reception on evening of Friday, February 21;
- Dinner on evening of Saturday, February 22.
If you are bringing a guest to the conference, the fee to partake in the breakfasts, receptions, and dinner is $250. PCRC registrants will have the ability to add a guest and pay the $250 guest registration when they are paying for their own conference registration.
PCRC is pleased to return to Loews Coronado Bay Resort in 2020. Coronado is located across the Big Bay from downtown San Diego, California.
Hotel Sleeping Room Reservations:
Please be advised that in order to keep conference costs down (and therefore affordable conference registration and sleeping room rates!) we ask that you kindly reserve your hotel room directly with the hotel (rather than through a service like Expedia). The link to reserve your hotel room under the PCRC room block is https://book.passkey.com/go/PCRC2020. You can also contact the Loews Reservations Department directly at (800) 235-6397 to make, change, or cancel reservations. The 2020 rate is $239 single occupancy, $259 double occupancy, $279 triple occupancy, and $299 quad occupancy.
Please communicate with any colleagues with whom you are sharing a room to avoid double-booking.
Q: When should I make my room reservation?
Q: The hotel is sold out one of the nights. What are other nearby hotels I can stay at?
- A: The sooner the better! Hotel rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pier South Resort
- A: Here are some other area hotels you can try: