Pacific Coast Research Conference
The 29th Annual Pacific Coast Research Conference (PCRC) is scheduled to be held in San Diego, California, at the Loews Coronado Bay February 11-13, 2021. Please mark your calendars.
NOTE: PCRC coordinators are closely observing the situation surrounding the global COVID-19 pandemic and possible implications on 2021's conference. Please visit this site for updates. News will be shared to subscribers to PCRC's mailing list correspondence. Not subscribed yet? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
About the Conference:
This is an annual research meeting held on the West Coast in mid-winter. It is for researchers concerned about teaching, learning, and schooling for students with mild to moderate disabilities. PCRC is a unique research meeting, characterized by intensity and informality. The meeting runs from Thursday evening until Saturday night; sessions are two hours in length. PCRC is distinguished by the high quality of research presented, an informality that promotes effective and vigorous participation and interaction, and an opportunity to discuss controversial topics or works in progress.
To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, click here. If you are already receiving PCRC e-mails from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, there is no need to complete this form.
If you are a member of the Pacific Coast Research Conference mailing list and wish to share an announcement with the mailing list, please email email@example.com with your request along with any related URLs or attachments.
PCRC is pleased to return to Loews Coronado Bay Resort in 2021. Coronado is located across the Big Bay from downtown San Diego, California.
Hotel Sleeping Room Reservations:
Please be advised that in order to keep conference costs down (and therefore affordable conference registration and sleeping room rates!) we ask that you kindly reserve your hotel room directly with the hotel (rather than through a service like Expedia). The link to reserve your hotel room under the PCRC room block is https://book.passkey.com/go/PCRC2020. You can also contact the Loews Reservations Department directly at (800) 235-6397 to make, change, or cancel reservations. The 2021 rate is $239 single occupancy, $259 double occupancy, $279 triple occupancy, and $299 quad occupancy.
Please communicate with any colleagues with whom you are sharing a room to avoid double-booking.
Q: When should I make my room reservation?
Q: The hotel is sold out one of the nights. What are other nearby hotels I can stay at?
- A: The sooner the better! Hotel rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pier South Resort
800 Seacoast Drive
Imperial Beach, California 91932
Hotel del Coronado
1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Glorietta Bay Inn
1630 Glorietta Blvd, Coronado, CA 92118
Q: Why shouldn't I make my hotel room reservation via Expedia, Hotwire, etc.?
- A: Here are some other area hotels you can try:
Q: Do I make payment for the room at the time I make the reservation?
- A: We do not receive credit from the hotel if rooms are reserved outside Loews' reservation system. If we do not get credit, our conference costs increase. Additionally, you will not receive the group concessions associated with the room block: discounted room rate, breakfast included for Friday & Saturday, discounted self-parking, etc. if you book through another service. To keep affordable conference registration and sleeping room rates and to enjoy these perks, please help us by reserving directly with the hotel.
Q: What if I need to cancel my sleeping room reservation?
- A: No, it isn't until you check out of the hotel that you make payment. The reservation merely holds your room at the hotel.
Q: What is the check-in time?
Q: What is the check-out time?
Q: My colleague reserved a room and I want to share it with her. How do I get added to the room?
- A: 72 hour notice is required for cancelling sleeping room reservation. You will pay 50% of room rate if you check out early.
Q: If I’m sharing my room with a colleague, how will our room bill get split?
- A: The person who makes the reservation needs to call (800) 235-6397 and request that your name be added to the room reservation. Please reference your confirmation number.
Q: What is included in the room rate?
- A: Upon check-in, both of you will need to inform the clerk that you are splitting the bill. You will both need to provide your credit cards.
Q: I want to book a room with a double bed instead of a king size bed. When I click on the link I only have the option for a king bed. How can I get a room with a double bed instead?
- A: Registered hotel guests receive a complimentary continental breakfast included on the mornings of Friday, February 21, and Saturday, February 22. Hotel guests also enjoy Wi-Fi in their sleeping rooms, access to the fitness center, shuttle service to downtown Coronado village, yoga and aerobics classes, and use of tennis courts - all on a complimentary basis.
- A: Write your request in the comments section of the online reservation form.
Mark Your Calendars! Future PCRC Dates:
- PCRC 2021: Feb. 11-13, 2021
- PCRC 2022: Feb. 17-19, 2022
If you must cancel your registration for the 2020 conference, PCRC will refund your registration fee in full if requests are received by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2019. No refunds will be made after that date. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of this conference due to unforeseen circumstances, PCRC will refund registration fees in full. Since you are responsible for making your own travel arrangements, PCRC is not responsible for non-transferable, non-refundable airline tickets or hotel accommodations purchased in connection with attendance at this conference.