Due to Vanderbilt's restrictions on large group activities, our live workshops are on hold until further notice. For information regarding what we are offering virtually during this time, please visit our web page here.
TRIAD’s Families First Program is a free workshop for caregivers of young children (ages 2-7) newly diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The primary goal is to equip caregivers with practical tools to support their child, to provide resources to more easily apply strategy and planning ideas, and to give caregivers an opportunity to meet other caregivers with similar questions or concerns.
Families First workshops occur monthly on Saturday mornings. These can be “stand alone” or families can attend multiple sessions. Topics vary from session to session and are listed on the event calendar with upcoming topics and dates.
Although workshops are free, registration is required to attend. For our live Nashville workshops, limited free on-site childcare is available for children ages 1-9 years. Childcare requests must be submitted in advance directly to Nina Harris at (615) 322-7565. We encourage you to register early if you are planning to request childcare, since this often fills up and has a waiting list.
While providers will not be turned away from these events, there are provider online trainings available that may better fit your training needs found here.
Los servicios de interpretación pudieran estar disponibles si se solicitan al menos 2 semanas antes del taller. Contacte a Angelica Deaton a 615-875-9850 para solicitar este servicio.
Families First workshops can also be attended via videoconference technology (“livestreamed”) to locations outside of Nashville. Information for our Jackson, TN livestream site can be found on this page. For information about registering for attendance at livestream sites:
- Jackson, Tennessee: Events found on this page or on our event page by searching "Families First Jackson, TN" at
- Chattanooga, Tennessee:
Siskin Children’s Institute/Chattanooga Autism Center
- Birmingham, Alabama: Children's Behavioral Health-Ireland Center (please call 205-638-9193, extension 6 for inquiries about trainings)
- Woodstock, Georgia:
Autism Center for Children
- Bowling Green, KY: For more information contact Christina Noel at email@example.com or 615-498-8097. Western Kentucky University
- Wilmington, Delaware: Nemours / A.I. duPont Hospital for Children, Swank Autism Center (Please call Ramona Karmeris at 302-651-4896)
- Taos, New Mexico: For more information, please contact Alyssa Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-779-1736
TRIAD Families First Program Upcoming Events
No upcoming events found...