Early Childhood ParaEducator Workshop
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a two-day workshop designed specifically for paraeducators who serve students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities in the preK setting. The purpose of the workshop is to provide paraeducators with knowledge and strategies to better serve their students.
- Directly serve students with ASD and other developmental disabilities
- Attend both days of the workshop
- Characteristics of ASD
- Impact of ASD on learning and the school environment
- Introduction to applied behavior analysis (ABA)
- How to help students learn using the A-B-C model of behavior
- Evidence-based practices (EBPs) for teaching students with ASD
- Creation of useful tools to use upon returning to school
- Large group instruction and discussion
- Video demonstration
- Small group application and role play activities
- Make It Take It
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in the TRIAD Paraeducator Workshop and 12 hours of professional development.*
*Participants must attend both days in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Sept. 11-12 [Lenoir City, TN]
Sept. 17-18 [Lebanon, TN]
Sept. 24-25 [Milan, TN]
This workshop is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education – Early Childhood Special Education, and is available to paraeducators in LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.