- Register in two-person teams
Attend all three days of the workshop
Participate in a three-hour school visit 4-6 weeks after the training and 1 hour a month of distance consultation for the remainder of the school year. These follow up components will serve the purpose of providing feedback, coaching, and troubleshooting regarding team goals set at the training.*
- Preference will be given to teams that include one special educator or general educator and one paraeducator who work directly together; however, other teams of two may apply and state their roles and professional development needs. Teams should both be highly involved in common educational settings within their elementary or middle school setting.
- Characteristics of ASD and its impact on learning
- Evidence based practices (EBPs) to use in structuring a successful learning environment for students with ASD
- Strategies to integrate EBPs throughout the school day to optimize learning for all students
- Large group instruction, modeling, and discussion
- Small group application and role play activities
- Demonstration and hands on-practice with students with ASD
- Planning with TRIAD Educational Consultants
- Creation of individualized team goals and action plans regarding implementation of the strategies discussed
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in TFAEW and 21 hours of professional development.**
- Participate in a three-hour school visit at your school 4-6 weeks after the training*
- Monthly remote consultations via teleconferencing, phone or e-mail up to 1 hour per month for the duration of the school year.